Ts & Cs
- Live Law files are for sale only to customers who have a permanent address within the UK. (They deal only with the law of England and Wales, so won’t be of use in other countries, where the law will be different.)
- Live Law files are copyright Barsby Ltd 2018 on. (See below for further information about copyright.) They are for the personal use of the purchaser, and are not to be copied to any other person without our permission. Please note that Live Law files are pdf documents which are designed to be read on a computer, tablet or smart phone, and that they are copy- and print- protected.
- We accept payment only via PayPal. Please note that when you click in the “basket” of our online shop, to buy a Live Law file, you incur an obligation to pay for it. (The law requires us to make this clear.)
- We are publishers. We don’t offer advice. Live Law files do not constitute advice, they are not a substitute for it, and they must not be used by buyers to give advice to others. Please don’t ask us for advice.
- The information in Live Law videos and files is given in good faith, and we make every reasonable effort to see that it is accurate and up to date. But no liability is accepted for errors or omissions.
- Constructive feedback is valuable, and we welcome it. We can’t undertake to reply to every comment, but feedback is still very much appreciated.
- You can cancel a Live Law purchase; however, the law works in a special way in relation to digital products. Live Law files are digital products. The law is explained below. Please note particularly the text in red.
- We don’t ordinarily charge for the time we spend dealing with queries from our customers, third parties, public authorities and others. But we reserve the right to do so if we consider that we are asked to spend time in a way which is unreasonable and/or unnecessary. In that event we will, before making a charge, give you notice of our charges and the terms and conditions which apply to these charges.
Cancellation of contracts for digital products
10. The position is governed by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2014, SI 2013/3134, which are the result of an EU Directive (an order to member states to pass specified laws). See particularly regulations 30, 31 and 37.
11. Unlike physical goods, digital products can’t be returned to the seller in any meaningful sense; so the Regulations provides that you can either
- Pay for a Live Law file and wait for 14 days, during which you can cancel the contract and get your money back. If you don’t cancel within the 14 days your right to cancel expires, and it will no longer be possible to get your money back. We will then send you the Live Law file. Or
- Give up your right to cancel at the outset, and receive the file immediately.
12. We think that few people will choose the first option, so our online shop assumes that you would prefer to give up the right to cancel and have the file immediately. But please let us know, before making any payments, if you would prefer the 14-day option. This will mean (a) that we will take payment, but you won’t receive your Live Law file for 14 days, and (b) during the 14 days you can cancel if you wish, and we will then return the payment.
13. If you choose the first option, you can cancel within the 14 days without giving any reason. We will then reimburse the purchase price in full (via PayPal unless agreed otherwise). To cancel, you just need to inform us (Barsby Ltd) of Barnwell Farm, Station Road, Marsh Gibbon, Bicester, Oxon, OX27 0HN, 01865 522468, email email@example.com of your decision to cancel by means of a clear written statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or an e-mail). You can print off and use the model cancellation form below, but it isn’t obligatory.
14. Model cancellation form
To: Barsby Ltd, of Barnwell Farm, Station Road, Marsh Gibbon, Bicester, Oxon, OX27 0HN, 01865 522468, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our[*] contract of sale of the following Live Law file(s):
Name(s) of file(s) ……………………………
Ordered on (date)………………………….
Name of buyer(s) ……………………….
Address of buyer(s) ……………………….
Signature of buyer(s) (if a paper form is used) …………………
[* delete as appropriate]
15. We handle personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We use personal data only for the purpose of selling Live Law files and dealing with queries from purchasers and third parties, and with other matters arising therefrom.
16. The rights enjoyed by data subjects under the GDPR, in relation to personal data which we hold, can be summarised as follows:
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to have inaccuracies in their personal data corrected
- The right to have their personal data erased
- The right to object to direct marketing based upon their personal data
- The right to restrict the processing (including automated decision-making) of their personal data
- The right to data portability for their personal data
17. Material on this website and in Live Law videos and files is copyright Barsby Ltd 2018 onwards. Crown copyright material on this website and in Live Law videos and files is reproduced pursuant to the UK government’s Open Government Licence v3.0.
18. If and in so far as this website and Live Law videos and files contain copyright material from other sources we are glad to acknowledge, for the purposes of section 32(1)(c) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and without prejudice to our reliance on other provisions of that Act) that the copyright owners include the following companies and individuals:
PIKO Spielwaren GmbH, Kundenbetreuung, Lutherstraße 30, 96515 Sonneberg, Germany
Kleinkunst-Werkstatten Paul M. Preiser GmbH, Postfach 1233, D-91534 Rothenberg, o.d.T., Germany
POLA G (eine Marke der Gebr. FALLER GmbH, Kreuzstraße 9, 78148 Gütenbach, Germany)
S & D Models, Highbridge Works, PO Box 101, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TGA9 4WA
Trees, etc etc.